RULES AND REGULATIONSOpen or Close
1. Participants who register to join HCMC Marathon 2018 must follow corresponding requirements below:
1.1 For distance 5KM, if participant is under 16 years old, the participant must go with a guardian or must have a signed waiver paper by their parents/guardian.
1.2 For 10KM, participants from 13 to 16 years old must have a signed waiver paper by their parents/guardian. Participants under 13 years old are not allowed in this distance.
1.3 For 21KM, participants must be 16 years old or older. Participants under 18 years old must have a signed waiver paper by their parents/guardian to ensure their fitted physical and health condition to participate in the rac.e
1.4 For 42KM, participants must be 18 years old or older. Participants under 18 years old are not allowed in this distance.
Download the waiver here. Please print out, fill the form and return the waiver paper to the organizer on the Race Kit pick up day or on the event day.
However, in some special circumstances, please inform the organizer by email: email@example.com. The organizer will hold the final decision.
2. Race BIB number is not transferable and must be worn all times during the race. It should be pinned in front of your running shirt/singlet in a visible way. Participation in the Event is personal to you; you are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer the place in the Event or allowing any other person to wear your BIB number. It will result in the disqualification of the person who is running under the name and bib of the original entry. BIBs are assigned and must be picked up / verified by the person who originally entered.
If you need to edit your particulars (transfer BIB, participant’s information..etc) please visit the edit particulars page here. The particulars page will be closed 30 days before event day. After that, change of participant information won’t be allowed anymore.
In the case of deliberately swapping/transferring/giving bib to someone else that the organiser finds out, the runners will be deprived of the right to participate. That means the runner will not receive any kind of cash of sponsor prize nor the trophy or the result.
In case of complimentary entries, the runner will be eligible to podium but this will not receive any kind of cash or sponsor prize but only trophy.
3. Full Marathon & Half marathon runners have to wear their BIB number. Finisher T-shirt (for 42Km & 21Km) and medal will be awarded at the finish area to those complete the race.
- 5KM, 10KM runners must wear their BIB number as well as running t-shirt during the participation.
4. Only registered participants are allowed along the course from 4am-12am. No other person is authorized to be on the course unless they are registered participants. Therefore, no person shall be allowed to accompany a participant if he/she is not registered in the event, nor shall any participant be allowed, without the permission of the event management, to receive assistance or refreshment from anyone during the progress of the event. Any person not properly displaying an authorized and issued bib number shall be directed to leave the course.
5. All protest related to the preliminary results and podium must be made by writing and submitted to the Race Director within 30 minutes after the official announcement of winners.
6. Participants must fully follow on the Vietnamese law not to destroy any public property during and on the race and must take full responsibility for your action Participants are responsible for their recognition and understanding of event signage, symbols and colour relating to participant maps, facilities and direction.
Participants must retire immediately from the race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
7. You are not permitted to use the following items in the Event:
Any wheeled device. If you are entered into the wheelchair section of the event, you are only permitted to use a self-propelled wheelchair without gears or any mechanical, powered or electronic aid or device.
Any artificial aid;
Any pets or animals (Pet is only allowed in 5KM distance & must inform the organizers in advance via email firstname.lastname@example.org);
Any other item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
TERMS AND AGREEMENT Open or Close
By submitting your registration you are agreeing to enter into the Event and also agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry, the Event Conditions and any instructions given to you by the organisers and officials of the Event.
10. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event or to ask you to cease participation if you participate in the event with a manner that we believe: may cause injury to you or another participant; may damage or harm the environment; in our opinion is likely to cause offence; or otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety including any failure the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs; an injury or illness, health problems
11. If internal reasons of cancellation, you will receive the full amount of registration.
If cancellation of reasons go beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism or inclement weather conditions, there will not be a refund.
13. You agree that any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose. Personal information includes medical data collected for health and safety purposes You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us and our Event partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the Event. You agree that the Personal Information relating to you may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by us and our Event partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information: the promotion and marketing of the Event; adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities; promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community based activities organised by our Event Partners, (together the "Marketing Information").
14. We won’t take any liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
15. Please check your race kit carefully when you receive it on race kit pick up day. There will be a T-shirt, BIB number (chip tag), race guide, medal*, finisher t-shirt* with your corresponding distance of race kit. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your race kit or there is any goods missing after when you bring it out of race kit pick up site, we won’t be able to accept back any goods or exchange for any new ones
1/ What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register for an event, respond to a survey, join our VIP list or fill out a form on our website.
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
2/ What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
a. To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
b. To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
c. To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
d. To process transactions.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
e. To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
f. To send periodic emails.
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your registration, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc..
NOTE: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
3/ How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
4/ Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
5/ Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
6/ Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.hcmcmarathon.com
7/ Your Consent
WATER AND FIRST AID STATIONOpen or Close
Water is provided at certain locations along the run. Medical support is available at certain mobile locations.
TOILET AREAOpen or Close
Rest-rooms are available at certain locations in the event area.
PARKING AREAOpen or Close
Participants and supporters have to park in a designated area. Please do not leave any valuable items in your vehicles. The Organizer will not be held responsible for any loss happened at the event.
BAG DROPOpen or Close
You can check-in your personal bag at the Start area, however we highly recommend you leave all valuable items at your hotel. Please note that we have limit number of check-in bag.
WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL BELONGINGS.